The DANSE project has ended
The SANS software developed under this project has been taken up by an international consortium and can be found at sasview.org
Starting in May 2006, the Department of Chemistry at the University of Tennessee Knoxville (UTK) led a five and a half year, National Science Foundation (NSF) sponsored, software development project, hosted at the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) and aimed at delivering applications for Small Angle Neutron Scattering (SANS) data analysis. The effort was part of the larger NSF funded DANSE project to develop advanced software tools for neutron scattering analysis.
Thanks to this NSF/UTK/NIST development effort, SansView was developed as the flagship SANS application. This application has gained considerable interest from the community and in October of 2012 completed its transitioned to a new international collaborative stewardship model with the support of five facilities: NIST, SNS,ISIS, ESS and ILL. As part of the transition the software has been renamed SasView in anticipation of engaging the SAXS community as most of the work is relevant to SAXS as well as SANS.
We hope this seed continues to grow and flourish through the stewardship of the facilities and the support and development of the entire community. Thanks to everyone for your feedback and support throughout the project and we hope you will continue your support as the software effort grows into a truly international, community driven project.
- November 2012: SansView is officially renamed SasView for the 2.2 release and the next phase of the project is launched.
- May 2012: SansView 2.1.1 is released.
- Feb 2012: SansView 2.1.0 is released.
- Nov 2011: SansView 2.0.1 is released.
- Oct 2011: SansView 2.0.0 is released.
- Jun 2011: SansView 1.9.1 is released.
- May 2011: SansView 1.9 is released.
- Sep 2010: SansView 1.3.1 is released.
- Sep 2010: PrView 0.3.3 is released.
- May 10: SansView 1.3 is released.
- Oct 09: SansView 1.0 is released.
- July 09: PrView 0.3 is released.
- May 09: SansView 0.9.1 is released.
- May 09: SansView poster was presented at the International Conference on Neutron Scattering 2009 in Knoxville.
- Apr 09: SansView 0.9 is released.
- Mar 09: SansView 0.1 is released.
- The DANSE/SANS group at UT has an open scientist position.
- Sept 08: The summary of the Indiana Univsersity meeting on SANS software is now available.
- July 08: PrView 0.2 is now available.
- June 08: SliceView 0.2 is now available.
- June 08: The DANSE/SANS project was presented at the American Crystallographic Association conference in Knoxville, TN.
- May 08: PrView, a prototype application to do P(r) inversion,
is now available to users.
- Mar 08: SimView, the new version of our real-space simulation prototype,
is now available to users.
- Mar 08: SliceView is now available through the SNS web portal.
- Feb 08: [pdf] Status report presented at the developer's meeting of 2/08.
- Dec 07: [pdf] Version 0.1 of SliceView is available.
- Oct 07: [pdf] The DANSE/SANS project was presented at the canSAS-V meeting held at NIST.
- Sept 07: [pdf] An early prototype of a 2D modeling application is available for users to comment on.
- June 07: [pdf] Results obtained by users of our 2D modeling functionality for IGOR have been presented at the 81st Colloid & Surface Science Symposium in Delaware:
Relationship between strain-hardening and the structure of fibrin clots,
Lionel Porcar and Danilo C. Pozzo, University of Maryland / NIST, Gaithersburg, MD.
- June 07: The DANSE/SANS project was presented at the 81st Colloid & Surface Science Symposium in Delaware.
- June 07: The LORES2 real-space simulation prototype is available to select users.
- June 07: 2D modeling for SANS