Application for SANS data analysis and modeling with an emphasis on the 2D analysis of oriented systems.
as of October 2012, SansView, developed under the NSF sponsored DANSE project, is no longer active. Its successor, SasView
has been taken on by a consortium of facilities and can be found at sasview.org
Oct. 2012: Download the latest version at
or look for documentation, tutorials, and (older) SansView versions
Acknowledgments: if you found this sofware useful to your work please acknowledge its use in your publications as suggested below and consider letting us know by sending us the reference. This will help us to ensure the long term support and development of the software.
This work benefitted from software developed by the DANSE project under NSF award DMR-0520547
SansView is the flagship application developed by the SANS portion of the DANSE project. It incorporates what we learned from both the SliceView and PrView prototypes and the feedback they generated.
The NSF project officially ended on November 30, 2011. As of October 2012 we have completed the first step of a process to transition to a facility stewardship model. We hope eventually to expand the development to actively include the broader SAS user community. The new location for this project is sasview.org.
What's new in version 2.1.1:
- Added DataInfo for data in the DataExplorer and plots
- Added Maximize/Restore button in the title bar of the graphs
- The 'x' button now deletes the graph
- Added a hide button in the toolbar of the graph panel
- Edit SUM Model from the menubar can now generate and save more than one sum model.
- Reports can now be saved in pdf format on WIN and MAC.
- Made significant improvements to the batch/grid panel and fixed several bugs.
- Fixed a number of other minor bugs
- Multi-processor support (Windows)
- Simplecustom model editor
- Advanced model editor (full) for Python/SansView experts
- Sum model editing panel
- 3D graphic(for 2d data/results) and legend moves with mouse
- New Tool: density to vol fraction calculator and Python file editor
- Ordered data tree
- Minor bug fixes
- Known issue: Saved file will not remember the custom smear if set.
- Known issue (MAC): Floating plot window size issue after resized and redrawn
What's new in the previous versions:
- Batch Fitting included.
- More Graph modifications.
- More options for the fit weighting.
- The 'Startup Setting' in the View menu can remember the last data file folder.
- Added a Python (PyCrust) shell in the 'Tool' menu.
- Fixed a problem with displaying the fit results with the ParkMC FitEngine set.
- Updated the resolution computation for the gravitational effect and added TOF estimation capability.
- Newly optimized the speed and accuracy of the computations.
- Added Many shape, polymer, and other models including multi-functional models such as SphericalSLD, OnionExponetialShell, and even ReflectivityModels.
- Added Data Explorer to manage, plot, delete, or setup for computation.
- Added Instrumental resolution estimator.
- Customizable startup appearance.
- Save/open a SansView project or SansView analysis (subproject).
- Start the SansView application from a data file by double-clicking or command line.
- Provides normalized residuals.
- Added useful key-combinations to copy (fitpage), paste (fitpage), change fit-tolerance, etc..
- Added 2D masked circular averaging.
- 2D smearing calculation now uses dQ_parrellel and dQ_perpendicular.
- Added 2D smearing calculation: elliptical pinhole smear in x-y symmetry.
- Implemented the invariant, volume fraction, and specific surface area computation.
- Implemented the scattering length density calculator.
- Re-structured 2D calculation/fitting to 2D reduced(Q) data rather than raw pixel data.
- Capable of Mask enhanced 2D calculation and fitting.
- 2D mask data editor.
- Slit size calculator.
- Added user inputs for the slit and pinhole resolution.
- Added a tool bar in a plot panel.
- Support more format options to save a graph.
- Enable to display multiple data sets in one graph by loading a data into the graph.
- Implemented P(r) inversion (Indirect Fourier transformations).
- Improved fitting and model calculation speed by a factor of ten.
- Supporting P(Q)*S(Q) for most of the shape based form factors.
- Added a bookmarking feature so that the results of the calculation can be recalled later.
- Added a color bar in 2D data plots.
- Added a model function detail button for an easy access to the model help from the fitting panel.
- Simultaneous fit of a number of different sets of SANS data with/without the constraints.
- 1D and 2D data fitting using Scipy or Park (a MC fitting optimizer) fitting engine.
- Supporting a number of standard model and model-independent functions including form factor and structure factor functions, and available some of their multiplications.
- Supporting various 2D averaging methods : Circular, Sectorslicer, Annulus, Boxsum, BoxQx and BoxQy.
- Advanced additional features; supporting instrumatal smearing, slit smearing, and polydispersity and orientational distribution for shape based models.
- 2D data manipulation and modeling.
- User defined Qrange (Qmin and Qmax).
- The user can toggle between a number of different scales on all plots.
- Support saving data in the formats of ASCII(txt) and xml.
Installation and Usage:
- Select the installer that fits on your os system.